Monday, November 3, 2008

Sound Synthesis - Dance / Trance Strings

Some of the most characteristic sounds of dance / trance music are the epic strings pads and the supersaw leads. This sounds are created with the supersaw oscilator that is a layered waveform with seven saw waves detuned and placed across the stero sepectrum. The Roland Jp-8000 was the first synthesizer with this kind of wave included in his oscilators. Here you can see one tuturial about how to program this kind of sounds using the Synth 1 , a free vst synthesizer.

Rank1 Strings / SuperSaw Tutorial



Text from the video :

Source :

More info about Supersaw oscillator:

2 Comments:

Tvipz said...

Synth1 is Amazing !

Paul brown said...

i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you helped me.
leroy moreno

Post a Comment