- Brand : Roland
- Model : System 700
- Year : 1976
- Technology : Analog Modular
- Synthesis Method : Subtractive , Additive.....
- Polyphony : Monophonic / Polyphonic
Text from the video :
- So I get an email from a friend saying "Have you seen this?" I check the link and am confronted by the wonderful Roland System 700 - a beast of a modular from the late 1970's that's in immaculate condition. Of course, I'd love to buy it I say, but I suspect the final price is likely to be a tad out of my reach (it was at £18k when I looked). But its in Bath came the reply. Right then, a quick message to the seller and off I went to take a look.
Kindly, Mark who is selling this as part of a collection for Ian Stanley, a former Tears for Fears keyboard player and producer with a long list of credits (Human League, Aha etc), invited me round to take a last look at it before it heads off to it's lucky new owner
- System 700 Facts
- Made from 1976-1982
- Weighs over 160KG in case
- Originally cost over £10,000
- Full system has 9 oscillators
- Power is distributed using standard mains IEC connectors, but the voltage is much lower – so don't plug it in to the the mains!
- Users include: Giorgio Moroder, Hans Zimmer, Isao Tomita and Pink Floyd
Many thanks again to Mark for letting us take a look around. Keep an eye on some of the other stuff coming up from this collection at Mark's merchant link on eBay.
- Vintagesynth.com ( Roland System 700 info, review ... )
- Synthmuseum.com ( Roland Sytem 700 info )
- Emulatorarchive.com ( Roland System 700 info )
- Sequencer.de ( Roland System 700 info )
- Aliens-project.de ( Roland System 700 audio examples )
Roland System 700 manuals :
Roland System 700 pictures :