Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Modular Madness Buchla Style

The latest weeks I've been quite busy building a bunch of Yusynth modules, , now my modular system allow me to create more complex patches. This afternoon I've enjoyed trying to recreate a typical Buchal patch on my modular.
This is a random patch that I've created trying to emulate the typical buchla patches

Modular Madness ( Buchla Style ) + Synthesizers.com + Yusynth + MFOS Sequencer



Text from the video :
  • This is a random patch that I've created trying to emulate the typical buchla patches
    .
    The MFOS is used here as gate generator. In this sequencer you can select gate on/off for every step, here odd steps are on and even are off, the sequencer is in random mode ( step is selected aleatory ) so every new clock signal can generate a gate signal or not :)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Two signal flow can be distinguished :

    1
    MFOS Gate - Slew Limiter ( acts as gate delay ) - ADSR1 - VCA1 - OUT

    Niose - EMS Filter ( Cutoff modulated by sample and hold and auto oscillating ) - VCA1


    2

    MFOS Gate - ADSR2 - VCA2 - OUT
    VCO2 - Multimode FIlter Bandpass + HIghPass - MIxer - VCA2

    VCO2 is modulated by LFO1 that is been modulated by VCO1 ( in LFO mode )
    Multimode Filter Cut off is modulated by random signal ( not sample and hold )
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    This patch is hard to explain , so if you don't understand it don't worry is just me and my awful explanation :)

    If you like this video remembers to subscribe to be updated of my future uploads.

Source :

0 Comments:

Post a Comment