Korg MS Series - Multifunctional MonophonismText from the video :
- This powerful analogue setup with 3 monophonic synths and an analogue sequencer shows the real power of these great little machines!
The MS-50 has a very interesting stereo panning patch. Both MS-50 VCA's are using the same sound source, but the outputs are routed to different channels/speakers. VCA1 (left speaker) is controlled by EG1 OUT. VCA2 (right speaker) is controlled by EG1 REV OUT (reversed output). This way the amp levels for both speakers are always the opposite of each other.
The fade time between the speakers is controlled by the EG1 attack (R2L) and delay time (L2R). EG1 is triggered once every 32 steps (by SQ-10 + MS-50 divider), so the stereo panning cycle is synched with the other SQ-10 patterns.
Also a flanger+delay (from the Kaoss pad) is added to the MS-50 (but the stereo effect is from the MS-50!).
The MS-20's are basically playing the drum parts, but this video also shows how to mix this with melodic parts.
Most of my actions are explained in the video, so just watch and enjoy!
- Youtube.com by Newueel
More info about Korg MS family :
- Korganalogue.net ( Korg MS family info, schematics, pictures ... )
- Vintagesynth.net ( Korg MS-20 info, review... )
- Vintagesynth.net ( Korg MS-50 info, review... )
- Vintagesynth.net ( Korg SQ-10 info, review... )
Korg MS family manuals :
- Soundprogramming.net ( Korg Ms-20 user manual PDF )
- Fdiskc.com ( Korg MS-20 service manual PDF )
- Fdiskc.com ( Korg MS-50 schematics PDF )
- Fdiskc.com ( Korg SQ-10 user manual PDF )
- Fdiskc.com ( Korg SQ-10 service manual PDF )
Korg MS family pictures :
- Flickr.com ( Korg MS-20 pictures )
- Flickr.com ( Korg MS-50 pictures )
- Flickr.com ( Korg SQ-10 pictures )
Buy Korg MS family :
Related Posts :